SupRTwin: Sensing, Unterstanding, and Provisioning of Robotic Digital Twins
- Offered by UMTL (Chair of Prof. Dr. Antonio Krüger) in cooperation with ZeMA (Zentrum für Mechatronik und Automatisierung).
- DFKI: Dr. Tim Schwartz, Dr. Daniel Porta, Andreas Luxenburger, Jonas Mohr, Caspar Jacob
- ZeMA: Dr. Ali Kanso, Xiaomei Xu, Khansa Rekik
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Power4Production Hall at ZeMA (Eschberger Weg 46, 66121 Saarbrücken) and online
- Time: tbd
- Credit Points: 7
- Language: English
- Places: 14
To participate you should have
- basic knowledge in AI (computer vision, planning)
- good programming skills in Java,
- programming skills in Python or C++ if you want to focus on computer vision tasks
- beneficial: experience in Unity 3D
A digital twin is a digital representation of a tangible or intangible object from the real world in the digital world. In particular, they play a central role in the digitalization of industry as part of Industrie 4.0.
In this practical seminar you will learn about relevant concepts of Industrie 4.0 and implement a Robotic Digital Twin in small teams consisting of 2 - 4 students. We will provide a list of possible ideas, but you can also propose your own ideas. You will be able to work with different robotic systems, like self-driving robots, robot arms and quadcopters (drones).