Bachelor/Master Defense Talk
- The defense talk should be delivered after the BMS is completed and all studies are implemented and evaluated, but before the thesis is written. The presentation is graded and adds to the grade of the Bachelor or Master thesis. The defense talk should cover the following aspects:
- A short reminder about the motivation of the thesis
- A short overview of related works (if further works were found, these should also be explained briefly)
- Implementation results (if it is part of the work)
- [optional] Live-Demo or Video
- Study results (if it is part of the work)
- Discussion of results
- Potential future links ("Future Work")
- The conditions depend on whether a Bachelor- or Master thesis is written:
Time limit: 20 minutes [followed by a question and answer session]
Language: German or English
Time limit: 30 Minuten [followed by a question and answer session]
- The date and time of the defense talk should be decided with the secretary of Prof. Krüger and the advisor. Ideally, the second reviewer or his or her secretariat should also be involved in making an appointment. A student sends an e-mail to the advisor in the following format:
Tite/Title: [Titel der Arbeit ergänzen - Add the title of the thesis]
Typ des Vortrags/Type of Talk: [Bachelor Defense Talk/Master Defense Talk]
Referent/Speaker: [Eigenen Namen einfügen - Add your name]
Sprache/Language: [Ist der Talk auf Deutsch oder Englisch - Will you give the Talk in German or English]
Uhrzeit und Datum/Time and date: [Uhrzeit und Datum ergänzen - Add the time and date]
Raum des Vortrags/Room: [Raum ergänzen - Information wird vom Betreuer nach Absprache des Termins bereitgestellt - add the location where the talk will be given]
Betreuer/Advisor: [Der Betreuer der Arbeit / The advisor of the thesis]
Kurzzusammenfassung/Abstract: [Kurze Zusammenfassung der Arbeit ("Abstract") in der Sprache des Vortrags - provide a short abstract of the talk]
- The advisor informs the internal contact person, who will announce the time of the presentation (and possibly other presentations on the same date) via the UMTL website and the mailing list, and makes an appointment in the "Thesis" calendar.
We use only this calendar to announce the defense talks. There will be NO announcements concerning any talks via the mailing lists in the future.
So please use one of the following options to keep you updated:
- If you have an Google Account, you can add the calendars to yours. Then you can also activate mail notifications to be automatically informed on updates.
- If not (and you do not want to create one) you could also always check the UMTL webpage.