Research InterestsVirtual RealityMixed realityFabricationTangible User Interfaces3D User InterfacesRobotics
Open Thesis Topics
The student will develop a robotic system that navigates through a retail store and takes pictures of the shelves in order to send them to our existing Intelligent Agent. Based on these pictures, a classification will be made. If something is wrong, a Transfer of Control (ToC) will be triggered and the "Remote Expert" will receive a notification. Together with the student, we will decide how this will be implemented. For instance, it could be a dashboard, smartwatch/tablet/smartphone or even a VR/AR interface. Based on the information provided, the expert can now decide whether it is an actual error (which needs to be fixed) or if it was a false alarm -> i.e., s/he gives feedback to the system, so that it learns and improves over time (learning aspect is not part of this thesis). Overall, such a system is called Hybrid Intelligence.
The focus of this thesis lies on the conceptualization and implementation of a robotic framework to support retail robots. Additionally, a small evaluation of the system is expected.
- You should have (very) good programming skills.
- Before applying, please read and understand the concept of Hybrid Intelligence (see page 7/27 )
- Last but not least, be enthusiastic about robots =)!
How to apply
- When you plan to start the thesis
- When you plan to finish the thesis
- A short motivational statement (max 0.5 pages) why this topic is interesting for you
- Your transcript of records and your CV
Open B.Sc. / M.Sc. Thesis Topics
If you are interested in doing a Bachelor's or Master's thesis in my area of interest, feel free to contact me. Please check the open topics at the top of this page beforehand (if there are any).
- Mediaproject (WS 2021/2022)
- Core Lecture: Interactive Systems (SS 2021)
Reviewer: TEI'22 WiP, CHI 2022 Full Papers, CSCW 2021 Full papers, CHI 2021 Full Papers, CSCW 2020 Full papers, CHI 2020 Late-Breaking-Reports, INTERACT 2019 Full papers, DIS 2019 Work-In-Progress, CHI 2019 Late-Breaking-Reports, ISS 2018 Posters, SUI 2018 Full papers, CSCW 2018 Posters, HRI 2018 Late-Breaking-Reports
PC: TEI'21 WiP