Dr. Florian Daiber
Research InterestsHuman Computer Interaction3D User InterfacesUbiquitous ComputingSports TechnologiesGestural InteractionMultitouch Interaction3D InteractionStereoscopic Interactive SurfacesMixed realityAugmented RealityGaze-based InteractionMobile Interaction
Continously applying for grants and managing a couple of projects, most and foremost:
- Entwicklung einer Endbenutzer-Plattform für Assistenzdienste mit interoperablen IoT-Geräten und tragbarer Sensorik (IoTAssist)
- SFB 248 Foundations of Perspicuous Software Systems (CPEC)
- Gesteninteraktionsparadigmen für Intelligente Umgebungen (GRiPPS)
- Continuous Adaptive Machine-Learning of Transfer of Control Situations (CAMELOT)
- Pflanzenzüchtung mittels Robotik und KI zur erweiterten Datenanalyse und Entscheidungsfindung im virtuellen Raum (PORTAL)
- Visual-Haptic Perceptual Illusions for Hand-based Interaction in Virtual Environments (VHIVE)
Due to the current Corona situation and workload I cannot accept new thesis topics at the moment! Please also note that (secondary) thesis reviews may also take longer than usual.
I offer thesis topics in the field of 3D User Interfaces for AR and VR and Ubiquitous Sports Technologies.
The main goal of a scientific Bachelor's or Master's thesis is to independently investigate a (constraint) research question with scientific rigour. So before approaching me for a thesis topic please make yourself familiar with the UTML information (including Thesis FAQ, BMS, Defense) and the general thesis regulations of the examination office! Open Topics see below.
Secondary thesis reviews
In general I accept secondary reviews if they fit into my research interests and expertise. However due to time constraints I cannot accept each and every review. Please also note that I cannot guarantee the acceptance of last minutes requests. So always approach me at least two to three weeks before your submission deadline!
(*) Best Teaching Award