Research InterestsVirtual RealityUbiquitous ComputingMixed realityInternet of ThingsHuman FactorsHaptic Interaction in Virtual EnvironmentsFabrication
Open Thesis Topics
For this thesis, you will design and prototype support structures able to actuate various parts of living plants to communicate with their users. In a living room setup, these structure will be connected to the local network to form IoT devices. Their behaviour will connected to changes in their environment in different application scenarios.
This work will focus on physical prototyping (3D printing, lasercutting, ...), microcontroller programming (Arduino, ...) and some additional programming depending on the application scenario.
- Interest in IoT and social objects
- Knowledge about prototyping
- Knowledge about basic electronics is a plus
- Completed HCI lecture and ideally attended at least one seminar at our chair
How to apply
Please send me an email with the following pieces of information (if you do not answer every point, your application will not be considered):
- When you plan to start the thesis
- When you plan to finish the thesis
- A short motivational statement why this topic is interesting for you
- A summary why you be a good fit for this topic
- Your transcript of records
- WS 2018/2019: Sensing Virtual Reality: Practical Seminar on Dynamic Passive Haptics
- WS 2017/2018: Making Virtual and Augmented Reality great again!
- A Dynamic Passive Haptic Feedback Device for Texture Interaction in VR (ongoing, bachelor)