Research InterestsHuman Computer InteractionEducational TechnologiesInteractive Assistance SystemsSports TechnologiesVirtual RealityAugmented RealityMixed reality
Open Thesis Topics
In this work your task is to develop a concept for how to gamify typical courses that you know from our university (e.g., Programming 2). The work will start with an extensive literature search to get familiar with what was already tried in this context and what has been shown to be effective. As next step you will implement a platform that is flexible to be used to gamify different course types (e.g., not all lectures will offer minitests for example). In addition, the platform should be able to account for different player types and should personalize the gamification elements accordingly. Depending on the actual implementation of the platform, a user study might (BA) / should (MA) be conducted.
The main focus will be on the concept and implementation – so you should have a good programming skill.
- Background or interest in gamification
- Experience with web development
- Completed HCI and ideally already attended at least one seminar at our chair
How to apply
Please send me an email with the following pieces of information (if you do not answer every point, your application will not be considered):
- When you plan to start the thesis
- When you plan to finish the thesis
- A short motivational statement why this topic is interesting for you
- A summary why you be a good fit for this topic
- Your transcript of records
- Provide links and a short summary to four paper that you would see as strongly related to the thesis. Explain why these papers are important.
- Submit your Hexad Player Type scores